The Swindoll Study Bible draws from thousands of hours of Chuck's study over his more than fifty years of ministry. Chuck's warm, personal style comes across on every page, and his informed, practical insights get straight to the heart of the message God's Word has for the world today. Each part of this study Bible is like hearing Chuck speak God's Word directly to your heart, encouraging your faith and drawing you deeper into the study of God's Word.
The Swindoll Study Bible offers the best of Chuck Swindoll's wit, charm, pastoral insight, and wise biblical study directly to you as you study God's Word. Chuck's warm, personal style comes across on every page, and his informed, practical insights get straight to the heart of the Bible's message for the world today. Reading each part of this study Bible is like hearing Chuck speak God's Word directly to your heart. It will both encourage readers' faith and draw them deeper into the study of God's Word.
In Chuck's own words: "This study Bible was designed with you in mind. As you read the Scriptures, imagine my sitting beside you and sharing personal stories, important insights, and hard-earned lessons that will encourage you to walk more closely with Jesus Christ. You'll discover the who, what, where, when, why, and how of the Bible: Who wrote it and when? What does it mean, and where did its events occur? Why should I trust it? And most importantly, how can I apply it today?
"It's that last question more than any other that has fed my passion to publish this Bible. My primary focus in ministry has been teaching biblical insight for living . . . for genuine life change. After all, that's why God has communicated His Word to us--so that we may become like His Son, Jesus Christ, the central figure of this Book."
- Book Introductions answer key questions: Who wrote the book? Where are we? Why is this book so important? What's the big idea? How do I apply this?
- Application Articles explain important passages with Chuck's winsome style through stories, illustrations, and specific application points.
- People Profiles provide lessons from the lives of key biblical figures that hit home for modern readers.
- Holy Land Tour explores important biblical locations. Each stop includes a photo and a modern-day map alongside background information and a devotion.
- Prayer Moments offer heartfelt prayers from Chuck asking God to help us live out the truths of His Word.
- Living Insights throughout Scripture--over 1600 study notes in all--highlight Chuck's insights on important passages.
- Searching the Scriptures, an article adapted from Chuck's book of the same name, summarizes Chuck's approach to Bible study.
- Additional Features include Bible reading plans, indexes, a dictionary/concordance, and full-color maps.
- The Swindoll Study Bible App (iOS and Android) is provided free with purchase and contains all the content of the print edition alongside searching, note taking, bookmarking, and sharing functions. See the User's Guide for details (page A9).
Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers
Author: Swindoll, Charles R
Dimensions: 5.08 cms H x 24.38 cms L x 18.29 cms W (1.54 kgs) 1984 pages
Pub Date: 10/17/2017
Font Size: 9.0 pt