Gary Chapman writes, "Most people spend far more time in preparation for their vocation than they do in preparation for marriage." No wonder the divorce rate hovers around fifty percent. Bestselling author and marriage counselor Gary Chapman hopes to change that with his newest book. Gary, with more than 35 years of experience counseling couples, believes that divorce is the lack of preparation for marriage and the failure to learn the skills of working together as intimate teammates.
So he put together this practical little book, packed with wisdom and tips that will help many develop the loving, supportive and mutually beneficial marriage men and women long for. It's the type of information Gary himself wished he had before he got married. The material lends itself to heart-felt discussions by dating or engaged couples. To jump-start the exchanges, each short chapter includes insightful "Talking it Over" questions and suggestions. And, the book includes information on interactive websites as well as books that will enhance the couples experience.
Dr. Chapman even includes a thought-provoking appendix. By understanding and balancing the five key aspects of life, dating couples can experience a healthy relationship. A revealing learning exercise is included at the end.
Table of Contents:
1. That being in love is not an adequate foundation for building a successful marriage
2. That romantic love has two stages
3. That the saying: "Like mother, like daughter" and "Like father, like son" is not myth
4. How to solve disagreements without arguing
5. That apologizing is a sign of strength
6. That forgiveness is not a feeling
7. That toilets are not self-cleaning
8. That we needed a plan for handling our money
9. That mutual sexual fulfillment is not automatic
10. That I was marrying into a family
11. That spirituality is not to be equated with "going to church"
12. That personality influences behavior
Appendix: Developing a healthy dating relationship
Contributor Bio: Chapman, Gary
GARY CHAPMAN is an ordained minister and marriage counselor. He is the author of the bestselling "The" "Five Love Languages," which has sold more than 4 million copies and was the first in a popular series of love-language books. The host of a national radio program and a popular conference speaker, he lives in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Free international shipping.